Buttered Puto | Panlasang Pinoy
Buttered Puto is a variation of the famous steamed rice cake, Puto. This steamed mini cakes are usually eaten as dessert but most prefer to have them during breakfast (with hot coffee or chocolate) or mid-afternoon snack (usually eaten with dinuguan or blood stew).
This Puto variation uses ordinary flour instead of rice flour (not even galapong) and is so easy prepare. The ingredients used in this recipe are so common that you could find them in any grocery store (you just need to have the molds and steamer to get everything done).
Try this delicious Buttered Puto Recipe.
2 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
small slices of cheese
4 cups water (for steaming)
Watch the cooking video:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients starting from the flour, sugar,and baking powder then mix well.
2. Add the butter, evaporated milk, egg, water and pandan essence (dissolve the pandan essence in water) then mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
3. Pour the mixture in individual molds
4. if you are using non-quickmelt Filipino brand cheese, you may put the cheese on top of the mixture otherwise put the cheese on top after steaming (step 6)
5. Pour the water in the steamer.
6. Arrange the molds in the steamer then steam for about 20 minutes
7. if you are using quickmelt cheese,remove the cover of the steamer and top each puto with quickmelt cheese then continue steaming (with the cover on) for 2 to 5 minutes
8. Remove the puto from the mold and arrange in a serving plate
9. Serve either hot or cold. This goes well with dinuguan Share and Enjoy!
Check out these Related Articles/Recipes:
- Buttered Garlic Shrimp
- Cassava Cake
- Chocolate Cupcake
Tags: asian dessert, filipino dessert, goldilocks puto, how to make puto, kakanin, mini cakes, puto, puto at dinuguan, puto recipe, steamed rice cake, steamedf ood
- Easy To Bake Cake Recipes | The Articles Boutique
- Deni 7550 3 Tier Food Steamer
- Toastess TVS-347 Silhouette Stainless Steel Programmable Steamer
- Une-deux senses: Thai Mangos with Coconut Sticky Rice
- Panasonic SR-MS102 Fuzzy-Logic 5-Cup Rice Cooker, White